Children & Teens Psychotherapy
Therapy for Children & Teens
Let’s face it, life can be tough! Children and teens encounter countless challenges due to academic, social, parental and societal pressures. If you are noticing changes in behavior, shifting attitudes or big feelings that seem to be negatively impacting your child or teens functioning, it may be time to seek professional help.
“Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.” – Rita Pierson
Reasons to Seek Psychotherapy Services for your Child or Teen:
- Identity/sexuality/gender questions
- Social issues/pressures
- Life transitions (moving, changing schools, learning difficulties, peer relationships, parental separation, divorce or a new relationship or marriage)
- Anxiety including fears and worries
- Obsessions, compulsions, and ruminations
- Overwhelm & indecision
- Tic disorder(s)
- Emotional or behavioral outbursts
- Difficulty regulating, expressing and/or managing emotions
- Changes in sleep or eating habits
- Challenges or changes in friendships/peer relationships
- Relationship difficulties (siblings, parents, step-parents, guardians, teachers, coaches, friends, etc.)
- Changes in motivation, academic effort or grades
- Loneliness or not “fitting in”
- Low self-esteem/self-image
- Depressed mood (sad, apathetic, or has a sudden loss of interest)
- Attention and concentration difficulties (including trouble focusing or completing tasks)
- Increased irritability, agitation and impatience
How can MPS help?
Our clinicians specialize in providing psychotherapy to school-aged children (ages 5+), adolescents and teens. MPS psychologists create a safe space for your child to explore and process emotions and learn effective ways to manage stressors. We teach children skills to navigate interpersonal relationships and develop a compassionate sense of self.
Treatment consists of an integrative approach using interventions from evidence-based therapies including:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Play-Based Therapies
Additionally, MPS clinicians will assess and address both developmental and attachment needs as part of the treatment process. We value a holistic approach and
collaborate with parents/caregivers, family members, school staff and other providers to best meet the needs of each child.
Questions? Contact us today to see how we can help.
Regardless of the challenges you are facing, oftentimes, beginning psychotherapy is the first step toward becoming the healthiest version of yourself. MPS clinicians teach clients strategies for well-being so they can achieve self-empowerment, improved insight and increased life satisfaction. Contact us today to see how we can help you.