Anxiety Treatment Services
Anxiety symptoms may begin in childhood or teen years and can continue through adulthood. Examples of anxiety disorders include social anxiety disorder (social phobia), specific phobias, and general anxiety disorder. It is possible for an individual to have more than one anxiety disorder.
Anxiety disorders are a group of related conditions, and each have unique symptoms. However, all anxiety disorders have one thing in common: persistent, excessive fear or worry in situations that are not threatening. People can experience one or more of the following symptoms:
• Feelings of apprehension or dread
• Feeling tense and jumpy
• Restlessness or irritability
• Anticipating the worst and being watchful for signs of danger
• Pounding or racing heart and shortness of breath
• Upset stomach
• Sweating, tremors and twitches
• Headaches, fatigue and insomnia
• Upset stomach, frequent urination or diarrhea
MPS PLLC clinicians specialize in the psychotherapy treatment of anxiety disorders. The most beneficial forms of anxiety disorder treatment consists of a combination of psychotherapy and medication:
• Psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy, self-compassion strategies, and solution-focused techniques
See more at: www.2nami.org/anxiety and mayoclinic.org/anxiety
Psychotherapy is a collaborative process which aims to foster positive change, and in turn leads to an improved quality of life. Beginning psychotherapy is often the first step toward becoming the healthiest version of yourself, regardless of the challenges you are facing. MPS provides Psychotherapy for Couples, Adults and Teens.
Want To Know What We Can Do For You?
Arlington Virginia 22201