Insurance & Payment
Out-of-network service providers
MPS PLLC does not accept health insurance in an effort to provide improved clinical services. Because insurance companies often require clinicians to document that treatment is “medically necessary” to justify payment/coverage for mental health care services, in-network services can be limiting. MPS PLLC clinicians are considered out-of-network service providers.
Out-of-network providers offer the following benefits:
- Enhanced privacy
- Focus on health & strength
- Improved choice & power throughout the treatment process
- Reduced potential long-term difficulties to having a diagnosis as part of a medical record that could potentially impede the ease of gaining other benefits ( e.g. acquiring life insurance and/or employment opportunities)
If you have health insurance, you may have out-of-network (OON) benefits that could cover a percentage of MPS PLLC’s fee (reimbursement rates typically range between 50-80%). To determine if your insurance company provides reimbursement, contact your insurer directly. MPS PLLC clinicians will gladly provide you with an invoice to submit for session reimbursement.
Questions to ask your insurer to determine reimbursement eligibility
- Do I have out-of-network benefits to see a psychologist?
- If yes, what percentage do you cover?
- How many sessions are covered per year?
- Do I have a deductible and has it been met?
- What CPT codes are reimbursable?
- Do any CPT codes require pre-authorization?
- What forms do I need to submit to qualify for reimbursement?
Service fees & payment information
Fees for services range depending on the clinician and the service type. To determine the cost of services, contact MPS PLLC and our admin team would be happy to help. Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check, or credit card and is expected at the time services are rendered.