Group Counseling Services
Group psychotherapy provides a powerful platform where members can share, learn and collaborate with professionals and peers. People in group therapy benefit from the interventions of the therapist, but also from observing other group members and receiving feedback. Although the group format does not provide the one-on-one attention of individual psychotherapy, it has multiple benefits. Research has shown that group therapy is one of the most transformative and effective methods of therapy.
MPS PLLC Group Offering(s):
MAY 2020: SURVIVING & THRIVING WITH COVID-19
Description: This group will help clients process and grieve the current social, emotional and physical challenges due to living in a world with Coronavirus. Led by 2 MPS Licensed Psychologists you will learn skills from DBT, ACT, CBT & Mindfulness to increase acceptance and reduce feelings of worry, uncertaintly, anxiety and depression.
Fee: $65 per session; group will meet for 6-8 sessions. A discounted rate will be offered fro those who want to pay in advance. MPS does not take insurance but will provide clients with an invoice that he/she can submit to insurance (if you have out-of-network benefits).
Location: VIRTUAL via a HIPAA Compliant video platform.
Start Date: TBD in MAY at 6pm on Wednesday’s.
Questions: Contact MPS at email@example.com or call 703.988.6861.
SEVEN PRINCIPLES FOR MAKING MARRIAGE WORK SKILLS GROUP
The Seven Principles Program for Making Marriage Work is a workshop for couples based on Dr. John Gottman & Nan Silver’s New York Times Bestselling book, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. The seminar is a psychoeducational workshop that includes lectures, discussions, and private exercises for couples. The 7 Principles workshop will be led by MPS PLLC psychologists.
The 7 Principles Workshop will provide couples with:
- Tools to help partners improve their friendship, fondness and admiration systems
- Ways to enhance romance and intimacy
- Strategies to manage conflict constructively
- Skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Ways to create shared meaning and goals
The 7 Principles Workshop is appropriate for couples who are:
- Newlyweds to seniors
- Couples who want to enhance/improve a good marriage
- Partners who desire better conflict management and communication tools
The 7 Principles Workshop is not appropriate for:
- Couples in severe relationship distress, including couples who are questioning separation or divorce
- Victims or perpetrators of any form of abuse, including domestic and physical abuse
- Couples, where one or both individual struggles from alcohol or substance abuse
- Persons who have untreated mental health problems (in one or both partners)
Questions: To learn more about the upcoming 7 Principles Workshop contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Lipsky is a certified Gottman Seven Principles Program Trained Educator.
Regardless of the challenges you are facing, oftentimes, beginning psychotherapy is the first step toward becoming the healthiest version of yourself. MPS clinicians teach clients strategies for well-being so they can achieve self-empowerment, improved insight and increased life satisfaction. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
Want To Know What We Can Do For You?
Arlington Virginia 22201